6 Useful Apps For Ireland | Ollie’s Tours
This app is seriously mainstream in Ireland. Most people will have it.
– Communication with locals
– Organising activities
– Times when iMessage doesn’t work.
*IPhones are less popular here than in the US.
Revolut (MOST USEFUL APP)
Irish people don’t use Venmo! Instead, we use Revolut. I highly recommend it.
– Converting currencies (USD to EUR)
– Sending money to friends
– When you don’t have cash
Download Now: Click Here to Download Revolut
Free Now (Taxi App)
Uber is in Ireland but it’s not that popular. Free Now is the easiest and most efficient way to get a taxi in Ireland.
– If you need a reliable taxi app
– If you are traveling around mainland Europe. It is super popular there too.
Download Now: https://apps.apple.com/ie/app/free-now/id357852748
Official GAA App
When visiting Ireland, you must go to watch a Hurling or Gaelic Football game.
– Finding out when & where games are on.
– If you are unfamiliar with Irish sports
Download Now: https://apps.apple.com/ie/app/official-gaa/id385794720
If you LOVE live events, this app is for you.
– Finding info about music, comedy events, movies etc.
– Every part of Ireland!
*They are currently restructuring the app but the website works just as well!
National Journey Planner
Timetables can be confusing and often change. Just enter your location, and with one tap you’ll know lots of ways to get there. It gathers up-to-date data from rail, tram, and bus to get you to your destination without any stress!
– For people exploring Ireland without a car.